Travertine is a stone that is a kind of limestone and is usually found on the beds of hot water springs or hot water bodies as deposits. It is also considered as a form of marble but in reality, it is neither marble nor limestone. In today’s times its use is for pools decks, flooring, shower, counter tops and so on whereas in the older times it was mostly used in the construction of buildings. There are travertine pavers available in the market, which are slabs and can be used in the making of pool decks.
- The inherent characteristics of travertine pavers are one of the best materials that can be used for the mentioned areas.
- Their porous surface allows them to absorb water instantly therefore eliminating the chance of dampness being created.
- Since no water is left on the surface, it makes the area non-slippery and therefore ideal for pool areas. These pavers also are cool to touch as compared to other paving material, which turn hot during hot weather and might become impossible to touch.
The travertine pavers are durable and they can withstand all types of climate
The biggest advantage of the travertine pavers is probably that they are long lasting, almost for centuries, which cannot be imagined for other materials especially those that are man-made.
- The ones made by hand start decomposing over time and need replacement but the travertine ones, once installed, can be left for years and tears together.
- One may wonder that travertine pavers would look rough because of their permeable structure but all because of technology they can be made porous, smooth or polished, depending on the customer’s preference.
- Even though found near hot bedsprings, they can be used in all climates including cold weather but they have to be of high quality and installed in a proper manner. The slabs are tested at laboratories, and hence you can be rest assured that the products are safe and good to use.
Some of the best features and varieties of travertine pavers
The travertine pavers are extremely feasible options if you want to renovate your poolside area or the area around your staircase. They are easily available in different varieties like country classic varieties, ivory and pearl smooth finish and designs, and also in varieties of walnut and silver colors. There are also some French patters and premium varieties which are available for these pavers. You can choose the travertine pavers with bullnose edges also, to give a different look to your home, staircase or to your garden. However, you have to be quite careful when you install and maintain these pavers:
- What is required to be done is to seal the pavers with a water repellent sealer in order to increase the lifespan of the pool or patio where they are being installed.
- These pavers can be used without any problem as they are able to hold their own and as far as the correct and right measures are taken to protect them noting can go wrong.
- You should take proper precaution before you install them around a saltwater poolside. However, if you choose high quality pavers, they will not get eroded very easily, and they will give you the ultimate value for money.
Sealing the travertine pavers may not be so essential but if done they add extra beauty and splendor and bring out the natural beauty and look. Maintenance is also not tough. A poultice can remove stains and marks easily. However, harsh chemicals and substances should not be used as corrosion maybe caused and the pavers may get spoilt thereby reducing their lifetime. So, go ahead and get the pavers and make the pool side look magnificent.